Sunday, March 13, 2011

five crowns, two siblings, & i.

With My DH's sister on the verge of leaving Portland for the far away land of Orlando, Florida soon we had to make a visit to spend some time with her at her cottage in Sellwood. We weren't able to stay long because of Geoffrey. He's a very good kitty, but that doesn't stop the allergy attacks that my hubby gets from him. Thankfully the little town of Sellwood-Moreland has a lot to offer. We took a stroll in the rain, because it's Oregon, and it's attempting to be Spring. Finding our way to Oaks Bottom Public House, the latest branch in the Lompoc family tree, together we enjoyed a beverage and a happy hour spread of Texas tots while playing a full game of Five Crowns. On the walk back to {ida}'s we got a call from {momma j} telling us that one of her recent watercolor paintings had been sold at {rc}'s school's auction for over $300! Yeah {momma j}!

Hmm, I surely need to get back into that rhythm of taking photos. Relying simply on my words alone is getting daunting. But it's a good exercise, whether I'm really able to portray things the way I would like to is another matter. :/

No comments: