Friday, March 11, 2011

:(

There's just no easy way to say this.
I am truly very saddened.

Last Sunday night (3/7) I heard the very sad and shocking news
concerning the death of one of my good friend {lg}'s younger brothers.
He died from crashing into a tree while test driving a motorcycle.
He was only 18 yrs old.

He was the third of four children.
He is survived by his father {rg} & mother {lg},
his older brother {dg}, his older sister {lg}, and younger brother {jg}.

Words just cannot express how much I ache for them.

I am never any good at expressing my sentiments, especially in times like these.
In addition to praying with those around me for the family immediately after hearing the news, I was able ask the Lord for the strength & courage to reach out to my friend and her family in this time. Not knowing what to say or do & scared nearly to the point of paralysis to say the wrong things... I managed to text her. Letting her know that I loved her, and was wanting to be there for her in any way possible. Praying so much through it all. I was relieved when I heard back from her, she was ok, but knowing that she must also be in shock I just kept praying. The next day (Monday) through the rest of the week I dropped everything else that was on my plate and drove up to their place every morning for the entire day just to be with her and her family. There was nothing else I felt that I should be doing. I was so thankful to the Lord for the flexibility in my schedule to be able to spend this time with them. And so thankful to all the sustaining prayers of His Body and for the true witness of the practice of the Body life. Whether it was helping them do ordinary things like eating, cooking, cleaning; or just being there to cry, laugh, take care of business, making preparation for the memorial... the Lord was manifested!
What a glory to the Lord and a defeat to His enemy!

Tonight was his memorial service.
Another sweet manifestation of the Lord's care.
We all miss {mg} very much. . .

My personal memory of our sweet, smiling brother {mg}'s childhood:
I'll never forget you goofing off while I substitute home-schooled you and your siblings so long ago.
The gummy bears stuck to the ceiling of the meeting hall.


And the time you got stuck up in that tree and we had to go knock on a neighbor's door to find/borrow a ladder to get you down.


You were shy, but adventurous.

You were {mg} and we loved you.

No comments: