Saturday, September 13, 2008

music to my ears

Yesterday at the 'if-fy' school, I met one of the music teachers and she was really happy to meet a sub who had music-knowledge and asked if I could cover for her three days in a row the week after this next while she's having and recovering from surgery. We exchanged numbers and I heard back from her Friday afternoon and we confirmed the job today. The job will require that I go to two different schools over the course of those three days, but getting a pre-arranged W/Th/F* job all lined up I was sold! (*We get an extra $5 for working a Friday).

And to make things even better I got a postcard in the mail today from AISD saying that the substitute pay raise was approved for the 2008-2009 school year!!! YES! It's only $3 extra a day, but it's better than no raise. :) Now that's music to my ears!

While the rain never came we did get a little wind (not to be mistaken as a heavy breeze created by the speedy freeway nearby) as well as some interesting clouds from the the outskirts of Hurricane Ike. Didn't have my camera handy, sorry folks. It's been super HOT outside and pretty muggy. Two things I dread about TX weather. You know, it may as well rain, at least that would give meaning to the mugginess that's already here and would certainly give us a change in scenery. I'm still hoping by some miracle that I'll wake up tonight by the sound of heavy rainfall. It's funny, but I do miss the rain, especially the sound of it and how refreshing it can be. However unfortunately in TX we very rarely get the refreshing rain that I grew up with in the NW. Still my prayers are going out for those who dwell in the coastal cities of TX, be safe y'all!

No comments: