Wednesday, September 10, 2008

looking for jobs in all the wrong places

Things are still getting sorted out with regards to the Sub-job I took for the first three days of this week. I finally heard back from the sub-office. Apparently I should have called them at the office directly, instead of emailing the main-lady-in-charge. (Why does the Sub-coordinator have her name and number/email at the top of things if she's not the person we're suppose to contact!? That boggles me.) So they contacted the school's sub coordinator (I didn't even know those people existed) and she knew nothing of my not being needed and was pretty upset about it and was going to look into it and then get back to me somehow. Sounds like a huge miscommunication between the teachers and their office staff. (Ugh, I'm becoming more and more apprehensive about showing up there tomorrow for a different position, but seriously people, this was not my fault. I don't put the jobs in the system, you do.) Still don't know if my pay check is going to be stunted by all this. Grrr. I think perhaps I need another job...

On that note, I got my postcard from the Central Market job I was applying for telling me that they won't be able to give me a position with their company. I guess I didn't have any tattoos to mention in the lengthy essay-ish application. Might have helped if I had gotten a "I LOVE ZUCCHINI!" or "BASIL FOR LIFE" or better yet, "WILL WORK FOR FOOD" tattoo to show my enthusiasm for FOOD. :) Whatever, it's water under the bridge, and the good Lord knows what He's doing.

No comments: