Thursday, July 3, 2008

taking a shot at love


My dear friends Tina & Fu are getting married. They asked me to take their engagement photos, so I arose this morning to try and beat the heat and met them (and their doggies) on the grounds of the University with my trusty little digital camera. I am no pro, definitely have had no formal training. I just point and shoot and try to find fun shots. I don't have any special lenses, but I've just been totally enspired these days. Sure, I've done this before for people-- a couple senior-grad shoots and another friend's engagement shoot, but this was by far the most fun that I've had. They're just a cute couple, what can I say. They were naturals (duh, they're in love!) and they were willing to try anything. We had a lot of fun. Much to my surprise I actually felt a little sad that I had exchanged my memory card full of photos for their blank one. I didn't think I would mind not having another 500+ photos on my 'puter, but on the ride home from our 2.5 hour shoot I think I discovered that I really wanted to see them all again (bigger, than on my little LCD screen), if not just to see what I did right, and what I would do differently 'next' time. I still want to see them all, but for now I did manage to snag these pics (as a sampler) of what she selected for her facebook album. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Susanna said...

LOVE your pics...I'm thinking about taking up photography as a hobby...esp since Wagoner has left London there seems to be photographer spot to fill for all these weddings etc! Now...I just need a good camera!

em said...

Thank you Suz! Ooo you should! I love taking photos... though being THE wedding-photographer would be slightly intimidating for me. But you go girl! :)

Margo said...

I love it Emily!!