Monday, July 28, 2008

gorgeous gorge

Took a little day trip out to the Columbia River Gorge with the entire fam (minus Dave, Val, & her boys). I opted for leaving my camera in the trunk of the car since I had a little idea of what to expect up ahead during our hike into the Oneonta Gorge lower falls. This is one of my favorite little hikes because while the gorge itself is an extremely narrow canyon, it is only about 1/4 mile long, but you get to walk through water, climb over log-jams, and rock climb (if you wanna try to stay dry as the rest wade through the sometimes chest high frigid waters). Thank goodness for my trusty Teva water sandals (similar ones found here at REI)! But I have to admit, a pair of Keens are looking like my next purchase in that department. I tried on a pair and their support was great, felt more like a hiking shoe too. Posted here are a few shots I took while we stopped along the road for lunch before heading in...

Erik & Sarah

Noah & Jane

Sarah & Acacia

...will try to get some of Erik's photos of the falls and post them soon!

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Yes! Buy the Keens!
(In case you needed any enabling)
- a happy owner