Sunday, July 20, 2008

ssot



Aka Summer School of the Truth. It's a time with students grades 7-12 get together for a week to enjoy the Lord Jesus, get into the Truth of the Word, memorize verses, and make companions for life! I attended such a summer school in my earlier days and had such a wonderful time that I've been back again and again to serve as a counselor many a years after. This however, was the first year that I was privileged to serve among the Jr. High boys, as my husband was serving them and as the newlyweds that we are we were stationed together at the same hospitality for that week. So I did what I could to help the mom of the house with meals and other things while my DH and another brave brother lead these young men into the Truths in the Word. They were a loveable bunch of young men, all with their own unique personalities. By the end of the week I can say that I grew to love each and every one of them. I was equally aware of the work of having a set of quintuplet teenagers. *grin* Can't say I'd want that job (total kudos to those that do). The last night we held a campfire in the backyard and roasted marshmellows. Sweet times.

No comments: