Monday, March 17, 2008

jesus take the wheel

I just have to thank the Lord for getting everything done today for me and with me. I was seriously overwhelmed the night before just considering what needed to take place today. And realizing that the length of time it would take to do some of these things was out of my hands made it ever more stressful. Thankfully the sheer weight of the day didn't cause me to pull the covers back over my head and bury myself in the darkness of the bedroom. I know someone had to be praying. In the middle of the day when time was running out, like I needed to find a place to make photocopies downtown and somehow get those copies and some other paper work to another location, park, and delivered, all within a precious 20 minutes I knew that I had to simply ask Jesus to take the wheel. I know, it's lines from a corny country song, but seriously it was a simple request that relieved me of all forms of stress because I knew that I was in the Lord's hands and if He wanted things to get there in time, He would arrange for that to happen. And that thought was what kept me sane as I finally spotted a CopyMax six blocks from my destination, parked, messed with two different copy machines and flubbed up three extra copies and had to wait for another customer carry on frivolous dialogue with the clerk while I waited to pay my measly thirty-five cents, jumped in my car, made several green lights and found a parking spot at the next and final stop, scurried from my vehicle around a dozen other offices til I located the right one. I looked at my wristwatch. 4:25. He did it! Jesus took the wheel. Infact, Jesus is the wheel. Thank You, Jesus.

No comments: