Thursday, January 27, 2011

different strokes

Recently I decided to visit a friend of mine who works a particular cosmetic line. She was hosting a 'lash-party'. I was happy to receive a little girl-friend time while learning to apply some shadows to my eyes. Growing up my sister was four years my senior so I didn't always have the opportunity to get this kind of time with her and have since then always felt a little inferior to most others in the realm of make-up. How did they do it? I occasionally would peruse a magazine for help, but never felt very secure. Even the make-up counters at the mall scared me. But in this short time with my friend I learned a few 'different strokes' and purchased myself some make-up and brushes. I am still not thoroughly confident with my applications, but at least it's a start.

No comments: