Tuesday, September 8, 2009

a labor day get-away : part one

We had the opportunity to take a little break this Labor Day and head to the coast to meet up with some friends at a beach house in Lincoln City. To be honest, I wasn't really anticipating good weather, but I just couldn't resist the chance to steal away for the weekend... even if it should decide to be ugly outside. I geared up with a whole gamete of games as well as a box of my painting supplies incase we were gonna have to hunker down and hover around one of the two fireplaces at the house. We even packed rain-gear... and much to my surprise we only needed such a jacket once during the afternoon on Sunday. There were true blue skies and puffy white clouds the rest of the time. I regret not taking more people photos... and I still haven't uploaded from my camera (where the true proof of BLUE skies lies), but here are a few choice pics taken from my DH's camera: (the first four are from our drive over the coastal mounts)...
Awesome clouds on the way out to the coast.
And this boat has set off on a journey across the fruited plain...
Berry-picking... sorta... ;)

Let's go fly a STUNT-kite:
a whole crustacean band . . .
darlin' it's betta down where it's wetta . . .

No comments: