Wednesday, August 6, 2008

spicy expectation

Two hours in, the apartment is filled smells of a delicious crock pot concoction dreamed up last night with expectations of a full day away from home awaiting me. I did however remember to shut up the bedroom and bathroom doors to try to contain the aroma to just the main part of our place (This is because the other night a piece of onion accidentally was left out on the counter and when we woke up the next day the entire apartment, including the bedroom reeked of onion, it was gross. Certainly didn't want to duplicate that again).

I had some beef stew meat thawing in the fridge, jalapeno, bell peppers, garlic, onion, and stewed tomatoes so I decided on a slow cooker fajita recipe. I made my own fajita seasoning from an online recipe. Didn't have the paprika, so I added a little extra cayenne (from that mondo jar my DH had purchased during the adventure with Henkel's knives), that combined with the jalapenos will spice things up quite a bit. With six to eight more hours to go, the aroma is making me salivate.

Originally I was supposed to be gone babysitting all day so I figured I'd give the trusty-most-duplicated-wedding-present-Crock Pot a try. It was going to save me time this evening, however my employer called to change my hours to later this afternoon through dinner... So I won't get to partake until later. Still, thankfully food will be ready when the DH gets home, even if I can't be there too.

No comments: