Saturday, April 23, 2011

liyas & eagles & bears.. o my!

A gorgeous Saturday = A trip to the ZOO with a couple of the animals. *wink*

I really like our zoo, except that it's called the Washington Park Zoo, even though it's in Portland, Oregon. I guess it's because it's connected to our Washington Park... which includes such attractions as: the Hoyt Arboretum, the Forestry Center, the Children's Museum, the Japanese Gardens, the Rose Garden, the Veteran's Memorial, and the Washington Park Zoo. Yeah (again) for the things right in our 'backyard'!

Today was turning out to be the most gorgeous day of the month for a trip to the zoo, and not only so, but it was also Easter weekend so we knew it would be packed. Great time to take advantage of the MAX. A short hike down our hill to the Nob Hill transit center. Ticket purchased. Board the MAX. and one stop later we arrive into the hillside underground. It was cold and clean, but really awesome! A quick elevator ride to the surface and viola! we are at the entrance to the Zoo again enjoying the rays of the sun. No long waits nor congestion caused by looking for parking. And not only that but you get $1.50 off your admission when you present your transit stub. Simply awesome!

We were invited by our friend {linsi} and her two kiddos {et} & {zt}. My {DH} had a field trip to attend to today so he couldn't join, but at least he was able to get out in the great weather as well. {Lg} and her little brother {jasper} came along with me. We had a sweet time. I'll save the rest of the space for pictures.

In the Great NW section of the zoo we saw:
Black bears - Brown bears - Bald Eagles. . .

sea otters

owls bald eagles

Mostly I enjoyed the people I was with. . .
Start wearing purple for me now!

Strange, but I didn't get my camera out for all the animals that day.

The baby elephant was fun to watch as it roamed about in the elephant yard.



2 comments:

display name said...

you put the post up? finally lol...

em said...

i know, huh. i wish i weren't such a lazy blogger. :P thanks for stopping in AND commenting, you're my hero! :)