Saturday, November 6, 2010

work in progress

I've had this poster since college. Love it, but it's getting ratty, since I never framed it. So I decided to paint it. Took a while to sketch in the proportions, but then I went to town throwing the paint up there. I'm not done yet, but it's the first painting that I've worked on in a long while so I wanted to set it up here to inspire me to finish it. I did this much in one day, now I just need to get back to it and finish it. Cheers to Jack Vettriano for his work on the Singing Butler.

2 comments:

Margo said...

Beautiful job. Can't wait to see the finished product! :)

em said...

Thanks Margo. Sadly I haven't been able to work on it since... but it's on my wall as a reminder. :) Hopefully I'll get some painting in while Rolf & Jessie are here this week!