Thursday, December 24, 2009

c is for : clear & cold, cappuccino, chocolate, & cookies

It's a clear cold 34F outside today. I'm delighted it's not raining! Great opportunity for a homemade cappuccino & bowl of oatmeal to kick start the day. To follow up with breakfast our renter (yes, we rented the spare room so we can try to keep our place a little longer since my DH will be returning to school to finish up his degree and we'd like to stay close to the campus) and I armed with aprons got busy in the kitchen melting white chocolate and covered an entire bag of Snyder's pretzel rods before sprinkling them with crushed candy canes. Mmm... the dining room table is covered in wax paper so they can dry. A delicious treat to take along with us to family time tomorrow. Then we baked at least 5 dozen cookies. Nothing too fancy, just a nice variety of chocolate chip, mint chip, and butterscotch chip cookies. O yeah. *smile* And I had my share of lickin' the bowl at the end too... *sheepish grin*

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Dude, I too have been doing some serious bowl lickin'. Did you get that pretzel recipe from Savory Sweet Life? Saw something just like that on there a day or two ago. That's a great food blog.

You must have a pretty cool renter!

em said...

Yah I do have a cool 'renter', actually I should say the 'lovely sister' who lives with us. :D

I just dreamed up the recipe, but I'm sure it is an actual recipe somewhere. I'll have to check out the food blog at Savory Sweet Life.