Monday, November 10, 2008

on the road again...

Just can't wait to get back on the road again
The life I love is makin' music with my friends
And I can't wait to get on the road again

On the road again

Goin' places that I've never been

Seein' things that I may never see again,

And I can't wait to get on the road again.


Here we are trip planning with Cyrus & Margo... why? Because they are planning to drive with us as we move ourselves up to Portland next month. We're going to try to hit a couple of relaxing hot springs on our way and take our time scooting through some states to see some great landmarks...all of which I have never seen before!

For starters:
  • White Sands, NM - whitest sands around, looks a lot like snow;
  • the Grand Canyon, AZ - I've only seen it from an airplane window;
  • the Hoover Dam - only seen in the movies;
  • Death Valley, CA - something about being the lowest point in the US?;
  • the Redwoods, CA - trees, tree, glorious trees!
Margo's post on this event includes a google map on our general route plan. Check it out! Plus she's got a great iphone and will be planning to post as we go along our trip... way cool!

3 comments:

Samuel said...

oooh, so cool! I am jealous. I love roadtrips! You're gonna love the Grand Canyon! Drive safe!

Margo said...

Ahhhhhh awesome! And so the planning stage begins! :)

Hannah said...

That trip is going to be WICKED fun. You'll rehash it for years to come, while the little Fehrenbachs and Cousinses roll their eyes. ;-)