Wednesday, January 30, 2008

chili con cornbread

Tonight we had chili and cornbread. Made my first batch (on-my-own) after doing a quick online search and then making a trip to the grocer for some much needed chili/cornbread staples. It was fun being domestic... even more fun to know that my DH would get to enjoy it with me. Here's the recipes I used: Day Before Chili and Cornbread. Only problem was that whoever developed the site didn't really use a proofer... since one would need to flour the bottom of the loaf pan rather than 'bottom the bottom of the loaf pan' as they so instructed and somehow in the list of ingredients of the chili they don't have the onion powder (that they instruct you to mix in later). I forsook the onion powder (didn't have any anyways) and proceeded to spray with oil and flour the loaf pan in advance. Everything turned out delicious... which is a good sign because as the title indicates this chili is best if made the day before and has a chance to sit in it's juices over night in the refridgerator. Mmmm.. Mmm... leftovers (or atleast my DH thinks so).

No comments: